The Doctor is In...
There's a link on the homepage called "Ask the Doctor" which links you to a bulletin board. You can ask a question to a pediatrician for free and quick advice - or a second
opinion to your own pediatrician. Or, just read other's questions. It's a really nice site for new or even not-so-new parents.
drkoop.com is a company led by Dr. C. Everett Koop, former U.S. Surgeon General,
and others who are dedicated to improving the quality of people's lives by
empowering them to improve their health.
The Mayo Clinic Health Oasis Web site is developed by Mayo Foundation for
Medical Education and Research.
If you are sick or it is necessary to be absent, your
parent or guardian should call the school to
give the reason for the absence. If there is no call, the student's absence
is many times considered truant.
Don't fall behind in your schoolwork! If you are absent three or more days and are
able to do homework, call the school and request assignments. Arrangements should be made with
the school to pick up any needed materials.
Does surgery give you the frights? Visit yoursurgery.com
to put your fears at rest and don't read the section below...
Laughter is sometimes the best medicine.
13 things you don't want to hear during surgery:
1. Bo! Bo! Come back with that! Bad Dog!
2. Wait a minute, if this is his spleen, then what's that?
3. Hand me that ... uh ... that uh..... thingie
4. Oh no! I just lost my Rolex.
5. There go the lights again...
6. "Ya know, there's big money in kidneys.. and this guy's got two of'em.
7. Everybody stand back! I lost my contact lens!
8. Could you stop that thing from beating; it's throwing my concentration off.
9. What's this doing here?
10. That's cool! Now can you make his leg twitch?!
11. Sterile, shcmedle. The floor's clean, right?
12. Don't worry. I think it is sharp enough.
13. Rats! Page 47 of the manual is missing!